Multivitamins such as vitamins C, vitamins D and zinc considered as one of the most effective supplements that can help with boosting the immune system. These also assist to improve symptoms like low immunity. In the current scenario of COVID-19, multivitamin supplements are considered critical for immediate supply. But with the decline in the global supply chains of multivitamin supplements, meeting the demand right on time would be challenging.
In the United Kingdom (UK), Vitamin supplements are described as food Supplements and are subject to the provisions of general food law such as the Food Safety Act. There is no requirement for food supplements to be licensed or registered with the UK Government. However, all food Supplements sold within the UK must comply with all relevant food law and requirements listed in the regulations. Basis a compliance check, if a product is able to comply to the quality requirements along with the product composition in terms of actives, additives, and their limits, then the product can be simply launched in the UK Market without any official approval.
Multivitamin Supplements – Freyr’s Regional Focus
At Freyr, our team of experts can assist you for compliance requirements for multivitamin supplement ingredients, label, and claims to identify if the product is able to comply with the requirements listed by the Food Standards Agency UK. Freyr is specialized in:
- Multi Vitamin Supplement registration/notification in the United Kingdom (UK)
- Multi Vitamins Supplements market entry
- Evaluation of your label or labeling information for compliance
- Review of immunity boosting claims
- Design or develop artwork for Immunity boosters
- Review or assess the product formula to identify the product category and to check the acceptability of all the ingredients in the product in line with the Food Standards Agency UK
- Suggesting mandatory, missing information and nutritional/supplemental facts or the corrections to be made on the label of the product as per the country specific regulations
- Monitor compliance with the Food Standards Agency UK including advising on general labeling and advertising issues, nutrition labeling, and evaluation of permissible claims (e.g., health claims, nutrient content claims, and structure-function claims)
- Prepare and submit dossier for multivitamin supplement notification/registration
- Assist with devising a robust Regulatory pathway for your product
As a responsible Regulatory partner, Freyr has already started assisting clients to accelerate and fast track registrations/notifications of multivitamin supplements in the United Kingdom.