Multivitamins are considered as one of the most effective supplements that can help boosting the immune system. These also assist to improve symptoms like low immunity. Several micronutrients such as vitamins A, B6, C and D as single or in combination products stand the best examples for multivitamin supplements. In the current scenario of COVID-19, multivitamin supplements are considered critical for immediate supply. But with the decline in the global supply chains of multivitamin supplements, meeting the demand right on time would be challenging.
To ensure the world sustain the ever-growing demand in this time of emergency, as a prominent multivitamin supplements manufacturer you might be willing to market your product across the globe or to be specific in India. In India, several kinds of multivitamin supplements are available on the shelves and they are classified under the category of ‘health supplements’ of the Food Safety and Standards and are regulated by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI). It is also pertinent to note here that Indian food regulatory market is self-compliance based. Basis a compliance check, if a multivitamin capsule is able to comply to these requirements along with the product composition in terms of ingredients, additives and their limits, then the capsule can be simply launched in the Indian market without any need of official product approval from the Indian Food Authority (FSSAI). A product approval will be required only if the multivitamin capsule contains any novel ingredient, novel additive, any new processing aid or any non-specified food product.
Multivitamin Supplements – Freyr’s Regional Focus
As a leading provider of Regulatory consulting services to the Food and Dietary supplement industry, Freyr offers the best of Regulatory methodologies, strategies, and submission assistance for multivitamin supplements registration in India. With a vast knowledge on the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) requirements, Freyr team of subject matter experts (SMEs) can assist you with compliance check of the multivitamin supplements notification, label and claims to identify if the product is able to comply to the requirements listed by the FSSAI. Freyr team can assist you in preparing, compiling and submitting the complete application to FSSAI as per the regulations on approval for non – specified ingredients.
Freyr is specialized in:
- Multi Vitamin Supplement registration/notification in India
- Multi Vitamins Supplements market entry
- Evaluation of your label or labeling information for compliance
- Review of immunity boosting claims
- Design or develop artwork for Immunity boosters
- Review or assess the product formula to identify the product category and to check the acceptability of all the ingredients in the product in line with the FSSAI
- Suggesting mandatory, missing information and nutritional/supplemental facts or the corrections to be made on the label of the product as per the country specific regulations
- Monitor compliance with the FSSAI including advising on general labelling and advertising issues, nutrition labelling, and evaluation of permissible claims (e.g., health claims, nutrient content claims, and structure-function claims)
- Prepare and submit dossier for multivitamin supplement notification/registration
- Assist with devising a robust regulatory pathway for your product
As a responsible Regulatory partner, Freyr has already started assisting clients to accelerate and fast track registrations/notifications of multivitamin supplements in India.