Immunity food products containing curcumin (turmeric), moringa and elderberry supplements play a vital role in keeping the body’s immune system intact. Being one of the most effective species of the East India and Middle East, Curcumin (turmeric) offers multiple health benefits to the human body. Similarly, moringa provides super immune-boosting powers to the human body and elderberry provides the necessary anti-oxidants and vitamins to human immune system. In this on-going situation of Covid-19, the intake of Curcumin/Moringa/Elderberry supplements are essential for public to boost their immune systems. However, amid the disruptions of supply chain, ensuring that the demands of public are met is becoming a challenge.
To ensure the world sustain the international health crisis, as a prominent immunity food product manufacturer you might be willing to market your Curcumin/Moringa/Elderberry-based supplements across the globe or to be specific in the United Kingdom. Curcumin/Moringa/Elderberry are used as a food supplements in the UK and are subjected to the Food Safety Act. It should be verified if the Curcumin/Moringa/Elderberry is of 'food grade' suitable for use in foods in the UK and if the amount of Curcumin/Moringa/Elderberry present and the dose levels recommended are safe as required by the General Food Law. If Curcumin powder is used by altering its properties like bioavailability, the safety of the Food supplement needs to assess under Novel Food regulation. Novel food and novel food ingredients cannot be sold on the EU/UK market unless they have undergone a thorough novel food safety assessment to prove that the food is safe for human consumption.
Applicants must provide evidence that their product is safe. To do this, they need to submit a novel food dossier to the European Commission. Once the dossier has been received, a scientific safety assessment is performed by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA).
Immunity Food Products – Freyr’s Regional Focus
With a local presence in the Europe/UK, Freyr brings forth vast experience in working with Novel Food applications and liaison with the EFSA and European Commission Immunity Food Product (Curcumin/Moringa/Elderberry) Regulatory requirements. Freyr team can assist to identify if the product is Novel, check whether enough data is available to support a Novel Food application and provide you the recommendations for the generation of additional data where information gaps exist. Freyr also helps you to answer supplementary information requests, provide Regulatory support and follow up with Health Agency (HA) until approval is received. Freyr is specialized in:
- Immunity Food Product (Curcumin/Moringa/Elderberry) registration in the United Kingdom
- Immunity Food Product (Curcumin/Moringa/Elderberry) market entry
- Evaluation of your label or labeling information for compliance
- Review of immunity boosting claims
- Design or develop artwork for Immunity boosters
- Review or assess the product formula to identify the product category and to check the acceptability of all the ingredients in the product in line with the EFSA
- Suggesting mandatory, missing information and nutritional/supplemental facts or the corrections to be made on the label of the product as per the country specific regulations
- Monitor compliance with the EFSA including advising on general labeling and advertising issues, nutrition labeling, and evaluation of permissible claims (e.g., health claims, nutrient content claims, and structure-function claims)
- Prepare and submit dossier for Immunity Food Product (Curcumin/Moringa/Elderberry) registration
- Assist with devising a robust Regulatory pathway for your product
As a responsible Regulatory partner, Freyr has already started assisting clients to accelerate and fast track registrations of Immunity Food Product (Curcumin/Moringa/Elderberry) in the United Kingdom.